Monday, February 6, 2012

A Bloggers' Polemic (2): Larry and Ted's Excellent Adventure!

The Association for the Study of the Cuban Economy has just made available on its website the proceedings from its annual meeting that took place in Miami last August: Cuba in Transition, Vol. 21.

Larry Press, a Professor of Information Systems at Cal State, Dominguez Hills, and the author of the blog The Internet in Cuba, and I were on a panel together.

His paper is entitled, "The Past, Present, and Future of the Internet in Cuba."

My own paper has the slightly more long-winded title:

"A Bloggers' Polemic: Debating Independent Cuban Blogger Projects in A Polarized Political Context."

[A shorter Spanish language version of the paper with an "alternate ending" was published in October, 2011 at Nueva Sociedad.  Lucía Luna at the Mexican magazine Proceso has also given attention to these "Debates en la blogosfera".]

Larry and I were also in DC at the Inter-American Dialogue a few days earlier where we gave a similar joint presentation entitled, "Cuba 1.5? The State of the Internet and Uses of Social Media in a Changing Cuba."  Here is a link to a video of that presentation.


In my next post on Friday morning, I'll provide readers of El Yuma with an extensive list of all the entries that I know of to date in what I call the BLOGGERS' POLEMIC.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment