Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Taxman Comes to Cuba (Part I)


El Yuma has a new post up at The Havana Note on Cuba's new tax regime for self-employment.  After I work my way through the new regs from La Gaceta Oficial, I will post a follow up.  Stay tuned.

PS: Can anyone guess the name of another Beatles song that coincides with the significance of tomorrow, Thursday, October 28, for readers of El Yuma?  Hint, the Brazilians say, "Para Bens!" on this day.

That's right - El Yuma cumple un año de existencia mañana!

2 comments:

  1. Ojalá qué no sea un ano, sino un año...¡je je je!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx Anonymous,

    My new Macbook Pro is a dream but when I post from home I haven't yet figured out how to easily add accents, tildes, and enyes.

    However, I'm editing from my office now where I can indeed edit, turning my "ano" into an "año" and adding all these funny looking thingys:

    ñ Ñ á é í ó ú ü É Ü ~

    ReplyDelete